Regional Sales Manager
Industry: Biotechnology/Life Science
Location: GA, KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, FL
I have an opening for a Regional Sales Manager for a leading provider of diagnostic solutions in the agricultural, food and feed industry. They are rapidly expanding the U.S. Agriculture markets therefore, we are looking to build the sales team. This opportunity allows an individual to develop and maintain a high-performance sales territory. I am looking for a leader who can cultivate this growth. If you are looking for a growing territory, this is a great position. The role I have today is for their FOOD SAFETY product line.
Title: Regional Sales Manager – Food Safety
Reports to: NA Director of Sales
Territory: GA, KY, TN, NC, SC, AL. FL
Selling: Selling: #1 Pathogen #2 Allergen #3 Mycotoxin test kits to food processing and pet food companies, grain elevators, feed mills, bakeries, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and achieve annual sales targets by developing a business plan and sales strategy to grow sales in new and existing markets.
- Establish and grow accounts for direct sales of products in the food, processing, beverage, nutraceutical, agriculture, pet food and laboratory marketplaces.
- Develop new opportunities which build on their Labs strengths, competencies and our value proposition.
- Support all departments within their Labs as needed to help advance company goals and define future strategy.
- Identify sales solution offering and competitive advantages.
- Develop, manage and build strong working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Decision makers.
- Maintain knowledge on current and upcoming regulatory compliance.
- Travels as much as 70% for required sales activity including customer visits, training, exhibits, etc.
- Creates and conducts technical and product presentations.
- Provide timely updates of customer information into CRM.
- Submit required sales reports monthly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated, self-driven sales executive.
- 3 years sales experience in Food or Feed Safety diagnostics (microbiology preferred).
- Proven ability to generate new business and exceed targets.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with decision makers
- Technical science based degree preferred.
- Enjoy travel.
- Capability to effectively communicate with Customers, R&D, Sales and Marketing regarding technical product and marketing issues
- Ability to Meet Sales Goals
- Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Sales Planning, Building Relationships