Regional Sales Manager
Industry: Industrial Automation
Location: East Coast
The Regional Sales Manager leads a team of Account Managers while providing an individual contribution at strategic accounts to achieve an aggressive growth target within his/her defined region. Success will be measured relative to exceeding sales forecasts, improving profit margins, growing the sales funnel, expanding into new strategic markets and helping to drive key company initiatives.
• Meets or exceeds sales forecasts for the assigned region while ensuring appropriate profit margins are maintained. Profitably develops and grows the business with existing customers while continually cultivating new channels, markets, and customers for our products.
• Drives team sales activities while maintaining a high level of involvement throughout the region at OEMs that are critical to the sales growth, in addition to direct engagement and ownership of large accounts/projects.
• Establishes and manages detailed regional account and funnel opportunity action plans to ensure achievement of overall regional sales targets while driving continuous improvement throughout his/her team.
• Guides the creation and execution of detailed territory action plans for each Account Manager to drive share gain and standardization at strategic/key accounts; taking into account competitive positions, prioritized buying influences, key differentiators, application specific solutions, service/support expectations, etc.
• Works with the individual Account Managers to develop and maintain individual territory forecasts as well as a consolidated forecast for the entire Region. Conducts monthly Problem Solving Process (PSP) with direct reports to understand the root cause of gaps in performance and develops countermeasures to drive short-term & long-term improvements.
• Drives the development and daily management (DM) of a robust/accurate sales funnel sufficient to achieve annual top line growth targets for assigned regions.
• Ensures sustainability of standard work (SW) expectations including, but not limiting to the full utilization of sf.com as the primary tool to manage sales funnel and day-to-day sales activities (including, but not limited to pre-call plans, detailed contact management, quotations, communication/email tracking, project stage management, etc.).
• Collaborates with VP of Sales on sales strategy, pricing, and sales compensation plans. Works with marketing organization on “go to market” strategy, value selling and VOC activities.
• Cultivates and maintains relationships with key industry leaders, organizations and regulatory bodies.
• Hires and develops a high performance sales team. Manages direct report’s key performance indicators, including but not limited to: sales targets, new business growth, funnel performance/accuracy and time in territory.
• Creates and regularly monitors annual development plans for each Account Managers to drive continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or a related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years of B2B experience selling a “technical industrial” product, with a preference for instrumentation sales across multiple verticals and applications.
• Proven track record of year-over-year sales growth via direct sales, OEMs, etc. and strong demonstrated sales management experience.
• "Strategic-mindset" with the ability to develop and execute a business/sales plan to profitably increase market share.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and articulate the company’s value proposition to high-level decision makers.
• Proven ability to drive sales growth and deliver results through process-oriented data-driven continuous improvement tools and methods (sales funnel process, CRM utilization, value selling, etc.).
• Proven leadership skills that consistently champion and support a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ability to coach and mentor a sales team.
• Must be willing to travel domestically and if required internationally up to 50%.