Sales Manager, Regional
Industry: Oil & Energy
Location: West Coast
Title: Western Regional Sales Manager
Markets: Electrical Power Utility
The Western Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will report to the Global Sales Director. This RSM role will be responsible for the direct sale to OEM’s; in addition to driving business through training, and educating, the distributors and the manufacture reps within the territory.
Territory: All Western States (CA, OR, WA, MT, ID, UT. NV, NM, AZ)
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the performance of the territory to leverage the processes and resources provided by our manufacturing plant. The RSM will be responsible for supporting growth strategies and targets of our manufacturer’s reps and distributors by supporting sales activities at existing accounts and driving discovery of new business opportunities. The RSM will also be our market specialist to the OEM’s within the territory. As a market specialist this role will be responsible for driving share gains with customers in these markets by targeting specific corporate accounts.
Major Position Accountabilities: include but not limited to
- Perform all sales activities - including but not limited to maintaining a high frequency of customer onsite calls, product demonstrations/presentations, as well as product performance inquiries, channel management, product modifications, pricing exception requests.
- Develop and maintain sales opportunities pipeline sufficient to capture annual top line growth target, and generate accurate and robust sales funnel for monthly review.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory strategic plan to capture market share at strategically positioned accounts.
- Develop plans and initiatives to grow the sales of products through the exclusive manufacturer’s reps and distribution. Take responsibility to roll plans out to the reps and distributors. Monitor the efficacy and make changes as necessary to get the maximum benefit.
- Be responsible for the manufacturer’s reps and distributor sales goal in the assigned territory. Work with the territory distributor sales teams to develop strategies and tactics to grow sales. Provide the territory manufacturers reps and distributors with on-site training.
- Become expert for Electrical Power Utility markets and drive share gains at target accounts in this market through cooperation with reps inside assigned territory and throughout the direct sales to the OEM.
To be successful in this role...
- You must be action oriented with a proven ability to achieve results and have a strong customer focus with ability to effectively interact with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care. We expect you to have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and the ability to work with a variety of personalities and styles.
- You should be very good at building strong relationships both internally and externally and act as a self-starter and multi-tasker, self-motivated, with a capacity to perform in a fast paced environment. Furthermore, you must have effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.