Sr. Electrical Engineer
MUST BE DEVELOPING CUSTOM HARDWARE FOR ROBOTIC SYSTEMS & DEVELOPING ROBOTIC HARDWARE ALGORITHMS. An exception is someone designing hardware at a NASA Center like JPL or Goddard.
The ideal person has developed custom hardware for robotic systems, developing robotics hardware algorithms. This person will focus on the design of robotic devices and controls from concept to production. We are looking for an experienced individual with embedded systems design including DSP, Microprocessor, and FPGA development.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the development (concept through product test) of new robotic products.
- Developing budget and schedule inputs for product development planning
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate/avoid
- Define electrical requirements
- Embedded systems design including DSP, Microprocessor, and FPGA development
- Analog/digital circuit design and analysis
- High Reliability Printed Circuit Board layout design
- Generating fabrication documentation and vendor specifications
- Board-level assembly and test including environmental testing
- Data acquisition systems configuration and testing support
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience developing embedded systems with direct applicability to robotic systems
- Low-level firmware development for embedded targets including DSP & microprocessors
- Embedded hardware development for control of BLDC, stepper, or brushed DC motors
- Fluency in C, C++, experienced in Python, Java, and Shell Scripting
- Test & debugging of embedded systems for complex robotic systems using oscilloscopes, JTAG/USB debugger, etc.
- Writing and maintaining design documentation and Interface Control Documents
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with all phases of development including requirements analysis, prototype design, product design, assembly, debug, and testing
Our client specializes in robots, electromechanical flight subsystems, automated drills and other machines destined for work on Earth, Mars and beyond. We make next-generation applications a reality through creative, collaborative engineering that combines the best minds with innovative technology.
Since 1983, we have completed more than 300 advanced projects for NASA, the US Department of Defense, academia and industry. Every Martian rover since 2003, has relied on systems built by our client. Our passion for the planet continues as we work on future systems for Mars, planetary moons and asteroids.