Territory Sales Manager
Industry: Biotechnology/Life Science
Location: NE States
Title: Sales Manager
Industry: Biotechnology; food pathogens, mycotoxins, food allergens, gluten, GMO, veterinary drug residues, and other food contaminants.
A sales manager plays a vital role in the execution of the company’s strategic plans to continue global growth in the Food & Feed Safety Markets. The position will be responsible for developing new business to meet sales growth objectives. The focus of this position is to research new sales opportunities and provide customer solutions to the territory assigned. This will require integrating and partnering with all processes including R&D, Product Management, Operations and Sales. This sales position reports to the North American Sales Director.
- Highly motivated, self-driven sales executive.
- 3 years sales experience in Food or Feed Safety diagnostics (microbiology preferred).
- Proven ability to generate new business and exceed targets.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with decision makers
- Technical science based degree preferred.
- Enjoy travel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and achieve annual sales targets by developing a business plan and sales strategy to grow sales in new and existing markets.
- Establish and grow accounts for direct sales of products in the food, processing, beverage, nutraceutical, agriculture, pet food and laboratory marketplaces.
- Develop new opportunities which build on company strengths, competencies and our value proposition.
- Support all departments within company as needed to help advance company goals and define future strategy.
- Identify sales solution offering and competitive advantages.
- Develop, manage and build strong working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Decision makers.
- Maintain knowledge on current and upcoming regulatory compliance.
- Travels as much as 70% for required sales activity including customer visits, training, exhibits, etc.
- Creates and conducts technical and product presentations.
- Provide timely updates of customer information into CRM.
Submit required sales reports monthly.