Director of Total Rewards
Director, Total Rewards
The Total Rewards Director will lead the overall design and management of benefits, wellness and compensation programs across the organization. This position is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and communicating a comprehensive total rewards strategy and program for the organization that will attract, reward, motivate and retain talent. This key role will manage a variety of benefit and compensation related activities including the total reward philosophy across the company to ensure that the programs remain competitive and conform to current compensation strategy. The Director will engage with key leaders to ensure that all program’s support business initiatives and cultivate a diverse, talented, and engaged workforce.
- Develop and continually advance benefit strategies to align with the business and ensure the right mix and offerings are available.
- Set the strategic direction on employee health and welfare programs and retirement plans across North America. Benchmark to ensure the plans maintain comprehensive and competitive balance.
- Plan, design and implement Best in Class company programs and initiatives, including Wellness.
- Oversee and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and recommend necessary or suggested changes.
- Coordinate company benefits with government sponsored programs while assuring company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Demonstrated experience coaching and communicating a total rewards culture by partnering closely with stakeholders and key business leaders.
- Act as champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value-added services for the benefit of teammates.
- Provide strategic vision for analyzing market competitive position, internal equity, compliance and program effectiveness.
- Review base and variable pay structures with business HR leaders, based on business need.
- Determine the appropriate tools for benchmarking compensation and manage relationships with vendors. Interact with external vendors for compensation to ensure the organization is positioned competitively and stays current on trends and changes in the market.
- Manage, plan, communicate and execute compensation related efforts for the annual Merit and Incentive cycle across the organization.
- Lead and drive compensation projects such as market pricing reviews, external survey job alignment and re-organizations to meet all business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8-10 years of relative experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong leadership and prioritization skills and at least 5+ years of management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in Health & Welfare and Compensation programs, including design and implementation of Long Term incentive programs.
- Experience developing and presenting analysis, strategy, and findings to Senior Company Leaders.
- Background and experience growing, developing and building a total rewards culture.
- A proven track record of mentoring and development of direct reports and business HR team members.
- Previous experience working in a fast-growing company and an understanding of the unique challenges that come with scaling a growth company.
- Integrity in business, excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decision makers and inspire the broader HR team.
Program Responsibilities Include: Health and Wellness Benefits, Life/Supplemental Insurance, LOA/Disability Programs, EAP, Base Compensation, Annual Incentive Program, Long Term Incentive Programs (Equity Programs), Workers Compensation, Pre-Hire Medical/Drug Screening, Paid Time Off, etc.