Director of Field Service
Industry: Industrial Automation
Title: Director Digital Services
Division: Process & Motion Control
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated Director Digital Services is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the monitored and digital based services organization reporting to the Vice President, Digital Solutions and Services.
This is a new division for the company. They have a well-established break fix services business. They service customers leveraging in house resources as well as third party resources. However, this is not the focus of this position. This position will be focused on digital services. They are in a start-up mode. And I am building their team who will serve customers from cradle to grave. The team will include business development resource, leaders with customer care expertise, pre-sales engagement expertise, engineering, project management and deliver resources for digital solutions and services. This position will be focused on delivery of solutions and services – KPIs would include customer satisfaction, profitability and extensive collaboration with global teams.
Functions include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, services process optimization, services program implementation, services compensation design and management. It will be essential that the Director – Digital Services fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, specifically with the Director Digital Business Development to ensure the services organization’s efficient operation and success.
- Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Designs, implements, and manages services forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Provides leadership to the global Digital Solutions services organization, and advise the Vice President, Digital Solutions and Services.
- Partners with senior leadership to identify opportunities for services continuous process improvement and innovation.
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the services organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient services process is in place for launch.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of services organization productivity.
- Drives changes and enhancements to the Customer Relationship Management technology platform in support of field services deployment. Experience with Sales Force.com a plus.
- In close partnership with the Director Digital Business Development, responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring financial objectives are optimally allocated to all services channels and resources through the quota program.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution ideally in an engineering, scientific or business discipline; master’s in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of services management experience in a global organization. Experience in the power transmission industry is preferred.
- Extensive experience with services operations, business planning, or services support management.
- Strong team builder with a positive attitude and previous supervisory experience in hiring a quality engineering team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead across boundaries/geographies in a matrix organization.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- 25% Travel