Industry: Packaging and Containers
The Atlanta facility is searching for a night shift team leader. Principal accountabilities include:
- Identify and solve quality/equipment problems.
- Ensure safe, quality products are produced.
- Ensure proper staffing is maintained on shift, i.e., making sure absences and daily breaks are covered, and that there are adequate personnel to cover shift assignments. Will manage efficient use of the workforce.
- Assist operators with line changeovers, line cleaning, manufacturing supplies.
- Ensure productivity and efficiency goals are met. Increase uptime through preventative maintenance, quick changeovers and improved start-ups. Monitor target speeds
- Prepare Performance Evaluations, conduct monthly coaching sessions with employees, and administer corrective action as needed.
- Ensure all team members are properly trained to do their job and are properly trained on new technologies/procedures that are introduced.
- Know applicable OSHA regulations and plant safety rules ensuring all employees are properly trained and follow safe work practices. Ensure that AIB/HACCP/SQF sanitation guidelines are followed at all times.
- Adhere to the Company’s policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and ensure that the policy is understood, supported and adhered to by employees.
- Act to prevent the harassment of employees based on perceived or actual protected characteristics and ensure the workplace is free of any type of illegal harassment.
- Be a company champion. Lead by example. Support and communicate company policies.
- Conduct regular effective team meetings.
- Be able to make small group presentations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to stand on feet 12 hours per shift
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to prepare reports, presentations, analyses using Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of industrial manufacturing experience
- Supervision experience
- Strong aptitude in leadership
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint