Software Engineer Development Manager
If you like big challenges, making a difference in the world, working with a great team of people, and bridging software applications to the physical world (equipment) with automation solutions, come join us and lead our Software Development Team.
Directs the work of engineers, project managers and other functions of both internal and external resources in an agile environment, ensuring the use of best practices around software development for high quality and rapid delivery of solutions. Reporting to the Engineering Director, the successful candidate will help set the vision, guide efficient engineering development, and grow our talent for the long term evolution in software. The Manager of Software Development will ensure that project and department goals are met, adhering to approved budgets and will have full authority over software resources.
- Supervise software engineers’ career development, appraisal, salary and promotion planning. Provide regular feedback and annual reviews.
- Develop budgets, manpower planning, and performance standards.
- Coordinate software development activities for all programs, assigning software engineers to projects and management of software department manpower requirements.
- Work with program managers to quickly and accurately analyze project requests for feasibility, risk, and level of effort.
- Manage onshore, offshore and contract development resources.
- Maintain an efficient and effective engineering team by empowering and managing staff members and consultants to meet schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Ensure that planning, design, coding, documentation, integration, and testing adhere to software quality standards and help set the vision and architecture for software products.
- Ensure the team designs systems that are efficient, scalable, maintainable, and meet the needs of the business.
- Lead and participate in system architecture discussions, code reviews and provide feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues.
- Lead agile project management functions and facilitate communication with key stake holders for development planning, training, product launch and sustaining activities.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Leader with excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone that is courageous, strategic and customer obsessed.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, and at least 3 in managing multi-site software development using agile. (how many sites)
- Cradle to launch software experience. World-wide software launch experience desirable.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and system architecture. Experience with big data analytics a plus.
- Demonstrated competence in one or more programming languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.). Specific knowledge in C# and/or SQL would be advantageous.
- Experience with cloud deployment models. Additional experience with mobile development a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, build, attract and retain talent for software development.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.