Industry: Industrial Automation
The Account Manager is responsible for securing maximum sales volume for company products from customers within the territory to which assigned. Selling company products and services by interacting credibly with established and target prospective customers. Working closely with inside sales support and other company departments. Requires a broad knowledge of company services, products and strategic selling techniques.
QUALIFICATION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant B2B sales experience and a proven track record of year-over-year sales growth via direct sales, Distributors/Rep’s, OEMs, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience selling a “technical, industrial” products, with a preference for instrumentation sales across multiple verticals.
- "Strategic-mindset" with the ability to develop and execute a business plan to increase market share at strategic accounts that have substantial influence on specification decisions within targeted verticals.
- Proven ability to drive sales growth and deliver results through process-oriented data-driven continuous improvement tools and methods (sales funnel process, gap analysis, CRM utilization, value selling, etc.)
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain detailed account plans and track key account metrics
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with the Inside Sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Develop strategy and proposals; secure and renew orders; inform customers of supply and price trends; assist in inventory control; arrange delivery dates and other details of the sale.
- Provide information as required on all aspects of customer satisfaction – product and service conformance to schedule, commercial and technical requirements.
- Proactively gathers and reports important VOC on industry/application trends, regulatory changes, competitive activity on the leading edge of market trends, competitor activity to help drive future initiatives and priorities, including product development and strategic marketing.
- Maintain product sales program within the territory and in support of market segment programs.
- Perform missionary work on new products and new accounts, including assistance in writing customer specifications, influencing the placing of orders through proper channels.
- Keep records and make reports on all phases of activities: sales forecasting, sales plans, sales calls, and expense accounts.
- Keep informed on new products and other general information of interest to customers.
- Ensures proper adherence to corporate policies, guidelines, operating rules, and budgets for the region.