Global Procurement Manager
Industry: Food & Beverages
Location: St. Charles, MO
Global accountability for the procurement, purchase, and distribution of materials, equipment, and supplies in the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Searches worldwide to identify new manufactured and raw material opportunities.
- Coordinates and organizes corporate-wide resources to meet current and future raw material needs.
- Develops long term raw material sourcing strategies and partners.
- Develop innovative strategies to remove supply chain cost from raw materials by expanding sourcing opportunities.
- Develop disaster recovery plan of supplies for all major raw materials.
- Serves as liaison and partner to Research & Development / Product Development and Supply Chain personnel; establishes close, effective working relationships with key individuals in both functional areas.
- Develop and maintain short and long term strategies for all Key Material Streams.
- Create and implement supplier management tools for commodities and freight vendors.
- Leverage buying capabilities through coordination of purchases and development of partnerships and alliances with key vendors.
- Insure procurement activities and supplier interactions work within the developed strategies.
- Develop and maintain key vendor relationships.
- Provides market information and trend analysis on raw materials and commodities.
- Has oversight for the process to secure and analyze quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.Strong analytical and business acumen skills.
- Knowledge of working in international markets
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including people development, coaching, goal setting, and evaluation.
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining controlled and positive.
- Ability to lead others by personal example and commitment to company values.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and engage audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment and mobilize cross-functional high performance teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership and board of directors.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional team building skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes.