Global Product Marketing Director
Industry: Sensors & Controls
We are looking for a seasoned and strategic business-to-business marketing executive. They will develop and implement breakthrough product and channel strategies to drive global growth. The Director is responsible for the product positioning strategy and execution and provides oversight of the overall marketing message. In this position the candidate must understand customer needs, market trends, and technology innovation and be able to develop products, pricing, marketing communications, sales tools and life cycle plans in order to successfully drive business growth.
Lead a global team of product line managers to drive long term and short term revenue growth through share gain and expansion into new markets, channels and geographies. Drive product innovation by supervising development of product line plans and executing product life cycle management. Develop effective strategies to increase market share by working cross-functionally and globally.
Product Line Management and New Product Development
- Lead product managers to develop and implement multi-year product line strategies to provide vision and resource planning information
- Work proactively with sales, operations and engineering to drive growth through new product development
- Personally conduct and supervise execution of insightful voice-of-the customer (VOC) analysis to identify perceived and unknown customer dissatisfactions
- Maximize return on new product development investment by prioritizing product development projects based on growth and resource intensity.
- Analyze product placement by describing key features of the applications and points of differentiation.
- Manage product life cycle from development of requirements, to product development, launch, sustaining and phase-out phases.
- Develop and execute product launch schedules and take ownership of marketing plan.
- Develop a deep understanding of target vertical markets, customer needs and the competitive landscape; monitor competitors and marketing activities
- Understand and articulate product and customer requirements by analyzing customer applications, market size and projected market growth
- Cultivate acquisitions and business development opportunities as necessary
- Work with internal teams and external partners to develop and implement integrated content, promotion, and creative campaigns to drive growth and maximize customer value
- Create and develop marketing product launch plans to drive fast sales ramp at target customers.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications group to develop online and offline marketing campaigns with sound measurement to build brand equity and develop sales opportunities
- Support all necessary efforts for lead generation and qualification
- This position requires a BS/BA in an appropriate marketing, business, or engineering field. An MBA is preferred. Ten years of experience in increasing marketing and marketing leadership is required.
- Outstanding track record of profitably developing and executing data-driven product marketing strategies.
- The ability to formulate long-term marketing strategies and brand value propositions that connect with the overall strategy of the business.
- Background which includes hands-on accomplishments in delivering market share, sales growth and profitability.
- Expertise in planning, prioritizing, cross-functional and global projects; the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, create and drive detailed action plans, schedules, people and tasks.