Industry: Sensors & Controls
The Director of Operations is a key member of the Global Operations team and is responsible for developing and executing Operational strategy for assigned locations which satisfies Customer Demand and achieves Key Business Objectives. The Director is also an engaged member of the North America Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Manages a site(s) Operations team which fulfills internal and external customer demand.
- Develops and delivers Operations forecasts for Revenue and Cost
- Provides leadership for and improves Engagement of Associates directly involved in Operations and Associates working with Operations
- Ensures that best practices for Lean Manufacturing, Process Quality, and Visual Management are used in the manufacture of products
- Manages and delivers improvements in safety, quality, lead time, cost, and productivity through use of the Company Business System tools.
- Manages and improves Working Capital through reduction of inventory and increasing inventory turns
- Leads Operations reviews with Site teams to ensure targets are met and rigorous problem solving process is applied.
- Develops associates in a manner which meets the future needs of the organization and prepares annual plan with HR partners to identify key contributors, areas of organizational and individual development, and succession planning
- Actively focuses on Engagement of site Operations associates and those they interact with.
- Responsible for EHS and Environmental Risk Management for assigned locations
- Leads and influences Supply Chain team members to provide further improvement in cost and effectiveness
- Leads PSI for assigned locations and Works closely with Sales and Marketing to optimize resources needed to support customer demand.
- Works closely with Product Design and Marketing functions to support Product Development initiatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical experience
- 10 years of experience in Engineering or Operations
- 5+ years leading teams and developing talent