Finance VP/Corporate Controller
Purpose: To provide accurate and actionable historical and projected financial information for internal and external users; to insure strong internal controls are in place at Corporate and that appropriate policies are provided for business units) to safeguard Company assets; to provide sound financial advice, cost-effective transaction processing and other guidance in support of Company-wide goals (including the value streams of business units).
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent has direct oversight of the following areas of Finance:
- General Accounting / Controllership
- Responsible for accounting and controllership functions
- Consolidation of financial information
- Review of detailed trial balances for all business units and follow-up as appropriate
- Establish accounting and control standards for all of Company
- Dividends payment, stock transactions and related accounting
- Portion of the Treasury functions for Company and subsidiaries:
- Review and approve accounting and reconciliation activities
- Assist with debt compliance
- Assists in treasury transaction processing and acts as a back-up for treasury transactions approvals and online administration
- Payroll activities for Company and subsidiaries:
- Payroll transaction processing oversight
- Ensure proper interface with Human Resources and HR systems
- Accounting and reconciliation review and approval
- Appropriate handling of high-level issues that may arise
- Accounts payable and travel expense activities:
- Responsible for T&E policy and travel vendor relationships/effectiveness
- Oversee AP transaction processing and transaction input
- Review and approve AP check runs
- Compliance with accounting rules and regulations. Provide guidance/expertise on complex accounting matters.
- Responsible for budgets and forecasts for Company consolidation. Also participate in budget reviews, 5-year plans - interface with business units, consolidation, etc.
- Financial auditing activities
- Coordination of external financial audits, including employee benefit plans
- Keep CFO and BU finance leaders aware of judgments, new accounting pronouncements, etc.
- Assist in guidance of Internal Audit activities
- Work with outside auditors/consultants on:
- Coordination, review and approval of employee benefit plan annual report
- Compute, or test business unit computation, of LTI-Long Term Incentive metrics (targets + actuals); LTI stock awards tracking and accounting. Also assist with testing computation of AIP-Annual Incentive Plan scorecards actual results and assist with AIP compliance for all organizations.
- Internal and external reporting:
- Preparation of audited financials
- Prepare monthly Board of Directors package
- Other financial involvements:
- Participate in administrative committees for 401(k) and Severance
- Attend Audit Committee meetings as appropriate
- Participate in Business Unit SDP and MOR
- CAR-Capital Acquisition Requests review/approval
- M&A Due Diligence
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Finance process improvement
- ERP implementation and enhancements/upgrades
- Supervisory responsibility:
- Direct supervision of Payroll/Accounts Payable Assistant. Engage in goal setting, complete staff performance reviews, assigning/planning (delegation) and reviewing work, coaching and development.
- Work with associates on process definition and improvement initiatives using best practices and appropriate tools and principles. Participate in kaizen events.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- A minimum of 5 years public accounting experience along with 10 years of experience in the private sector in supervisory roles of increased responsibility and oversight
- Demonstrated ‘attention to detail’ and ‘problem solving’ focus, and ability to research and address complex financial issues on all levels. Accuracy is very important
- Excellent interpersonal / communications skills, polished presentation skills and capability to engage and collaborate with business units and corporate leadership, including tax director. Creates and sustains effective cross-business and cross-functional relationships (strategic business partner).
- Goal and Results-Oriented, capability to maintain strong customer focus
- Takes initiative to stay abreast of current applicable GAAP, laws and regulations.
- Exhibits good judgment and objectivity. Ensures high governance and fiduciary responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications-PowerPoint and Word. Possesses advanced Excel skills.
- Significant ERP experience
- A self-starter with excellent time management skills (meets deadlines)
- Manufacturing industry experience as well as awareness and sensitivity to global markets
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
- CPA required
- Public Accounting experience required
- Master’s Degree in accounting highly desired