Director of Regional Sales
Industry: Consumer Goods
Location: SE States
Leads the company’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships cultivating and manage relationships with District Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Account Managers, Business Development Managers and Managers in Training. Works hand in hand with Customer Service, Marketing and other support departments both inside and outside the company. Represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customer’s needs and expectations are met by the company. Increases end-user demand by implementing our strategic sales plan.
- Industry experience with building materials products sold to plumbing contractors, commercial and institutional end-users.
Background & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales experience with at least 5 in a senior leadership role.
- Successful sales management, leading a group of 20+ sales professionals to include manufacturer’s rep agencies.
- Minimum scope of $15M.
- Demonstrated, verifiable record of delivering better than market growth through business cycles.
- Strong leadership skills to lead, challenge and motivate a sales team for breakthrough performance.
- Strong analytical skills, both metrics and market – able to identify root cause and develop appropriate solutions.
- Strategic planning with strong execution skills.
- Ability to assess new talent accurately.
- Industry knowledge including, but not limited to contractors, plumbers, a plus.
- Ability to embrace and positively respond to aggressive sales goals in a dynamic market environment.
- Ability to work with field sales people with both the end user contractors, institutions, and alternate channels.
- Ability to work well with Inside Sales.
- Proven ability to deal with customers and to negotiate appropriate outcomes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Capable of leading positive change.
- Implement plans for sales of the region to achieve targets.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to manage personnel to foster business and grow