Performs a variety of legal support activities and assists the General Counsel in day-to-day matters concerning the corporate and legal affairs of Company and subsidiaries. Provide support to attorney as assigned. Under direction of attorney, resolve routine legal issues. Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, articles, databases and legal codes. Provide routine documents such as form confidentiality agreements. Work through various legal contract status reports and action reminders. Requires excellent written communication. Attend to Secretary of State and routine corporate filings. Assist with corporate development and due diligence as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• Paralegal Certificate from accredited institution required.
• Demonstrated ‘attention to detail’ and ‘problem solving’ focus, and ability to research and address legal issues.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and capability to engage and collaborate with business units and corporate leadership.
• Demonstrated capability to collaborate with a team and ability to participate in cross-functional team projects.
• Familiarity with computerized legal research.
• Ability to continuously improve processes.
• Takes initiative to stay abreast of current laws / regulations and applicability to legal issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across corporate and business unit entities to achieve results. Must be familiar with corporate legal filings and work effectively with General Counsel.