We are seeking an accomplished professional for the full-time position of Senior Corporate Attorney, reporting to the General Counsel.
• Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the Company and its industries and synthesize information to incorporate into transactional and other processes
• Draft and review commercial contracts, other documents and prepare related correspondence and opinions
• Educate management on legal risks related to the project on which advice is being provided
• Possess a general understanding and appreciation of intellectual property rights and experience with license preparation
• Represent the Company and its businesses on negotiating teams and projects as assigned
• Ability to manage outside counsel and litigation as assigned
• Advise management based on accurate interpretations of contract documents
• Support, promote and prepare Corporate policies and legal group initiatives as applicable in conjunction with the General Counsel
• JD degree and licensed to practice law in Connecticut.
• 7-10 years’ experience working as full-time legal counsel in a firm or corporate environment
• Ability to strategize with Company representatives prior to and during negotiations and projects
• Ability to anticipate and mitigate potential legal issues and prepare strategies to achieve goals
• Responsive and follows through on commitments
• Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office suite of products
• Confidently taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment and ensuring a high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated collegiality, team orientation, positive attitude, common sense, and patience.