- Collaborates with the GM and engineering team to develop a Software Engineering Vision & Strategy.
- Works closely with our Product team to ideate, scope, plan, estimate, and implement roadmaps.
- Responsible for the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of our software solution by leading a cross-functional offshore development team of mobile app developers, backend developers, designers, and QA engineers.
- Ensures that project goals/milestones are met, targets are achieved, and maintains approved budgets.
- Advocate agile principles and gear the team to deliver quick market releases.
- Assists the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, and task definition.
- Identify and remove impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver sprints on time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or proven technical discipline
- 5+ years' technical product/project management experience in mobile app development
- Experience with mobile technology including connectivity and data management
- Experience demonstrating usage of lean methodologies (SCRUM, Agile, etc.) and best practices through the PM lifecycle
- Sound understanding of best-in-class security and reliability practices
- Experience in early-stage startup or entrepreneurial setting
- Interested in a fast and high-growth start-up environment.
Desired Technical Competency:
- Familiarity with cross platform mobile frameworks
- Experience with systems like Jira, GitHub, etc. is ideal
- Familiarity with Mobile Video Technology (Opentok, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of emerging frameworks like Flutter