District Sales Manager
Industry: Industrial Automation
To cover the Florida / Georgia territory - Must reside in Florida, preferably the Tampa/Orlando area
Purpose of Position:
To provide the proactive leadership, motivation and guidance to build, develop and expand the distribution network for company in the respective district. Represents in all activities associated with these duties. Implement the sales and marketing strategies with Distribution and National accounts with the assigned accounts.
- Manage customer relationships for assigned accounts, including local distributors. Grow and develop existing customers, together with generating new business. Develop account plans and manage sales pipeline to achieve sales targets and drive successful results. Increase customer account base by developing and maintaining a pipeline of prospective customers and leveraging a strong network of contacts.
- Provide professional account management, support marketing strategy and product and price administration programs to assigned accounts with an emphasis on continuously increasing revenue.
- Provide product training, point of sale demonstration to end user customers along with the distributor sales representatives and train key distributor sales staff on products and how to prospect.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity. Evaluate trends and competitive strategies. Develop accurate sales forecasts and reports that allow management to effectively capitalize on opportunities, manage issues and measure performance
- Develop and track key sales metrics for all growth initiatives. Monitor and report sales achievements for the sales management team
- Handle all administrative functions of this position.
- Attend monthly/quarterly/annual national and regional shows and marketing conferences as required by the company.
- Must demonstrate a high level of business acumen, problem solving, analysis, and customer focus.
- This position requires frequent travel more than 75%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; or equivalent combination of academics and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of previous work experience in sales, management, account management, or other relevant experience. Automotive Aftermarket or related industries preferred.
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in sales skills and proven track record of achieving sales growth.
- Customer obsessed, with excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, a people-person and keenly attentive to detail
- Delivers results through strong account management and relationship building skills, as well as, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be adaptable and able to interact and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to inspire others.
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic.