Location: IL, NC
The purpose of the BU Controller position is to be the right-hand person to the Business Manager and to provide financial analysis which supports strategic decisions to improve the profitability of the business. The primary responsibility of day-today for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning and cost accounting.
- Assist in driving financial results of the business to optimize business Serves as a trusted business partner who takes a stand on issues and enables wise decisions
- Work closely with the Manager of the business and management to drive unit performance in achieving budgeted and forecasted financial metrics
- Maintaining effective internal control of business to ensure continued control and protection of assets and an accurate reporting of its financial position.
- Take a direct role and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the Self-perform many critical tasks
- Ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate financial statements, analysis of budgets, financial trends and work with the sales and operations teams on forecasting
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the executive team and make actionable recommendation on both strategy and operations
- Continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are adhered to comply with GAAP, SOX, ASC 606 and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Drive the activities regarding working capital management
- Review spending requests for capital expenditures, research and development projects, and major expense projects and provide financial guidance on business unit investments
- Participate in special projects, including acquisition opportunities, and compile a variety of special reports
The Controller must possess outstanding analytical skills, strong communication skills (both verbal and written), proven problem-solving capability, good understanding of GAAP with Sarbanes-Oxley and strong computer skills including MS Office products. Oracle experience is a plus.
Must possess a desire to rapidly advance your career into higher business management positions, and whose past experiences will demonstrate that potential. Receptiveness to relocation opportunities within our corporate structure.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- The Candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive financial experience in with at least 3 years in a financial management and leadership role in a publicly held company
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Desire to advance your career into higher business management positions
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude