Industry: Consumer Goods
- Leads and facilitates strategy development projects in support of business objectives evaluating growth, profitability, path to market, channel, and partnership strategy, and presents recommendations to the leadership team.
- Works with Sales and Marketing development teams to identify customers and deliver revenue commitments.
- Develops solutions across product line to address opportunities identified in the strategic planning and development phases.
- Creates and communicates a clear vision and strategy that is based on a thorough understanding of the market segment and how Matco Tools can best serve that market.
- Leads operations.
- Leverages competitive research and market analysis for the Tool Storage market or region to make recommendations.
- Keeps current on key economic, social, and political trends throughout the world; continually balances building market strength with appropriate business risk.
- Communicates and presents critical data, report summaries, market analyses, and strategic recommendations to all levels of management.
- Supports functional strategy development in support of the business objectives – Product Plan, Management, Marketing & Sales Channel, Promotion/Branding and Pricing strategy.
- Manages, coaches, and motivates staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments; implements employee development plans.
- Clearly communicates the importance of always achieving business results through actions that demonstrate integrity and building customer and team trust.
- Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement.
- Acts as the site leader for the Lakewood, NY location.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Management or related field, is required. MBA is preferred.
- Experience leading medium-sized mature product line from design to production and after sale support.
- Strong background in Sales, Marketing, and/or Manufacturing Management.
- An internal drive to exceed goals, change corporate paradigms, invent new sales strategies, and continually strive for career advancement within Fortive.
- Financial Understanding - Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from financial systems, as well as the ability to execute a business case.
- Core Competitive Contribution – Ability to understand the real customer pain points and articulate clear solutions for these customers.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships & Consensus - Has experience with large group dynamics and proven relationship skills. Strong influencing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Build a trusting relationship with work group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff & associates.