This organization is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
This role supports the Executive Director of Internal Audit, and the Director will oversee or perform audits to evaluate the design and effectiveness of systems of internal control while also evaluating the adequacy of financial and/or operational controls, including company policies and procedures.
The Director will be instrumental in building a world-class internal audit function, a function that provides both assurance regarding governance, risk and control (‘GRC’) effectiveness, as well as a function that generates key and actionable business GRC insights. In addition to overseeing internal audits, the position will be responsible for building a data analytics program, in collaboration with the other Internal Audit team members, the broader Global Compliance & Ethics organization, and Information Management.
The Director must demonstrate significant experience with assessing risk and demonstrate excellence in designing and implementing a risk-based approach to internal auditing in a rapidly growing, highly innovative environment.
The major responsibility of this position is planning of audit engagements, oversight of engagement execution, reporting audit results, as well as maintaining and further strengthening relationships with the business stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 10-12 years in public accounting, internal audit or advisory for a big four firm, or a combination of big four firm and internal audit with a global corporation.
- Demonstrable in-depth experience in manufacturing & supply chain through internal audit, consulting or otherwise; and / or demonstrable experience in building data analytics programs and leveraging ‘big data’ for risk profiling.
- 4+ years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical/Life Science experience preferred.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, and respond to a rapidly changing, highly innovative environment
- Demonstrated risk assessment and management skills
- Excellent presentation skills – candidate must be skilled and comfortable with presentations to executive management. Professional savvy and ability to interact with executive level management personnel
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new task, and responsibilities. Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience managing staff
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and working styles
- Knowledgeable in ERP systems, such as Oracle, and related automated internal controls or general
- Ability to organize projects and work responsibilities, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel 15-25% of the time; both domestically and internationally