Industry: Material Handling
Location: Any US
We have a need for Project Managers to focus on small to large complex material handling projects at our Grand Rapids MI office. Complex projects may contain or consist of complex PLC controls software, complex WMS and WCS software, high speed carton and package conveyance and sort subsystems, pallet handling systems etc. Candidates must possess or be in process of securing PMI/PMP certification, and if in process must be certified within 12 months of beginning work in this position.
- Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Decisions can have a moderate to high level of impact on business operations.
- May develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
- May evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
- Identifies resource needs and may develop justification.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May recommend/ determine organizational structures and supervisory relationships for own segment of company.
- May be responsible for overall success of function or project.
- Substantial and extensive experience with planning, management and execution of highly complex material handling systems
- Understanding of the dynamic handling characteristics, constraints and risks associated with the wide range of materials handled within a complex material handling system.
- Knowledge of the constraints and methods for defining and demonstrating equipment, subsystem, and system performance criteria.
- Understanding and knowledge of various controls architectures, related controls levels, and the functionality of controls domains, inclusive of WMS and WCS integration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities and impacts of project execution when interfacing with General Contractors, Construction Managers or owners. Planning, Monitoring and Controlling
- Knowledge and ability to identify and develop the proper team skills required for the successful implementation of the various products and subsystems employed in complex systems inclusive of mechanical, controls, software, installation.
- Ability to develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as explicit and implicate out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e. owners and general contractors) impacting project execution, using MS Project ePM
- Development and execute equipment, subsystem, and system commissioning and integration test plans.
- Ability to develop, define, and execute acceptance test plans inclusive of physical, functional, rate, and availability testing.
- Knowledge of 3rd party procurement including development of RFPs/RFQs, bid review and assessment, and contract award in cooperation with purchasing resources.
- Experience with and execution of general processes associated with change control, approvals, and information exchange involving several stake holders, both internal and external, in particular with a large number of subcontractors.
- Ability to coordinate the execution of activities by internal resources as well as owner/general contractor resources and recognize early and proactively issues that require corrective action and impact on timely execution.
- Ability to cause team and organizational action to mitigate scope, schedule, and cost concerns both internally and with customers.
- Experience with the coordination of on-site activities involving many (sub)contractors vying for the same space and time windows.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Typically Bachelors Degree or advanced degree.
- Must have PMP certification or obtain within 12 months of hire.
Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others:
Typically manages non-exempt administrative or technical employees, and/or lower level exempt employees.