Senior Corporate Accountant
The ideal incumbent will have a career mix of working in a public accounting firm, comes from a global environment and has worked in a large company and has a CPA.
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares and processes the journal entries necessary to provide an accurate accounting of the corporation’s financial position. Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and/or review necessary journal entries for properly stated financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company
- Assist in month-end closing and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are
- Analyze financial statements to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes to summarize and interpret the current and projected financial position of the company. Communicate these findings through written narratives and oral presentations to management.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of monthly consolidation
- Ensure overall SOX compliance for general
- Assist in the preparation of reporting packages, as required, to comply with corporate financial reporting requirements and statutory
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with company Review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies, and reconciling items.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and
- Document and coordinate the implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures and modify as
- Assist with audit requests from internal and external auditors
- Submit recommendations for improving the company’s accounting
- Special projects, ad-hoc reports, and analysis as
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (especially Excel).
- Large company experience with sophisticated ERP system (Oracle and HFM a plus).
- Working knowledge of GAAP and
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and do what it takes to meet
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Outstanding communications, analytical, planning, and teamwork skills
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization and with many diverse individuals and cultures