Title: The Sr. Internal Auditor, Finance
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Internal Auditor, Finance assists the Manager Internal Audit – Finance in executing on the finance internal audit plan, which includes North America, Asia, Europe, and South America.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executing on financial audits ensuring compliance with US GAAP, generally under the supervision of the Manager Internal Audit - Finance.
- Oversight of the Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) program.
- Complete assigned portions of engagements, including testing, work paper documentation and report drafting while on site or shortly after completion of field work and submit to the Manager Internal Audit – Finance, on a timely basis.
- Acquire a good understanding of the audit location’s business and industry.
- Develop positive working relationships with audit location finance teams.
- Be a point of contact for accounting questions or concerns coming from the locations.
- Assist as required with miscellaneous reporting needed for senior management or Audit Committee presentations.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35% on a domestic and international basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting & CPA required; CIA or CISA a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with a “Big 4” audit firm working on US GAAP financial audits.
- Must have been a Senior at a Big 4.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control assessments is required.
- Knowledgeable in US GAAP required.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Internal audit experience with a “Fortune 500” company a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing companies and cost accounting is a plus.
- Experience with consolidation accounting and reporting in multi-national companies is a plus.
- Possess high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong business and common sense.
- Career-motivated, dedicated, committed leader.
- Able to influence peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Ability to prioritize on a real time basis.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion.