Finance Tax Leader
We are seeking a self-motivated, career-oriented Tax Accountant. In this growth role you will assist with tax accounting and reporting, tax return preparation, tax research for income and other taxes, as well as assist with other corporate projects. The successful candidate will have outstanding organizational and analytical skills to prepare for and meet numerous tax accounting and reporting deadlines. He/she will also be responsible for analyzing, preparing, submitting, and auditing appropriate tax reports, records and filings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare assigned federal, state, property and transactional tax returns and related reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the global tax provision including ASC 740-10 (formerly FIN 48) analysis.
- Ensures that records, returns and related reports comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Reconcile tax-related general ledger accounts.
- Assist with computing intercompany transfer prices.
- Assist with internal audits relating to tax matters, external tax audits, and preparing guidelines and/or policies related to tax compliance.
- Advises management regarding changes/potential changes in tax law within assigned area.
- Recommends ways to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations.
- Various special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field (CPA or MBA preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience with income tax accounting and tax return preparation, preferably at a Big 4 firm or a publicly traded multinational company.
- Advanced excel skills and familiarity with Microsoft Access and Visio.
- Experience with Oracle, Checkpoint, and/or CorpTax preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Federal, State and/or International tax statutes and regulations with ability to research and interpret tax law.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Deadline-driven and willing to work long hours especially during month/year end close, and tax season.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team.
- Prior experience in manufacturing industry preferred.
- Possesses positive, energetic and happy attitude.