Industry: Industrial Automation
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Completes the design and estimating of mainly small, medium and large MHE systems, often simultaneously.
- Has an understanding of project specifications and checks all work being performed under his/her direction for adherence to these specifications.
- Produces material list of equipment, design of all special devices and Mechanical Engineering pricing.
- Solicits, quotes, and reviews costs of equipment and services.
- Works with Purchasing to manage the interface relationships with vendors and assists in evaluating the performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Provides a check for technical, cost and contracting aspects of quotes and serves as the major contact for intra-company departments and vendors. Schedules technical reviews and price review meetings.
- Responsible for the quality of estimating on assigned projects. Maintains a complete set of project engineering records on all assignments.
- Provides general guidance to a project support staff.
- Consults with management and participates in improving procedures, quality, designs, applications, and equipment.
- Keeps management apprised of quote status.
- Keeps abreast of the latest company and industry-wide concepts, product design and developments, and current costing.
- Occasional travel is required in this position. Usually trips are planned and are of short duration. However, requests for travel on short notice may be made and extended travel is sometimes required in support of systems commissioning and acceptance.
- May be exposed to next level or cross functional duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains frequent communication with customer to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer satisfaction
- Identifies, analyzes and understands problems in his/her daily work and provides the best solution
- Delivers sustainable results, stays focused even in challenging situations and overcomes obstacles
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to project scope and location
- A commitment to engineering excellence
- Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues
- Efficient time management and organization skills
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of moderately complex assignments
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues, and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with AutoCAD and 3D Design preferred
- Good understanding of the application of material handling equipment preferred
- Familiar with other third party equipment in the material handling industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with the application of material handling solutions preferred
- Willingness to travel 10 - 20%