Industry: Industrial Automation
- Performs all sales activities (including but not limited to maintaining a high frequency of customer onsite calls, product demonstrations/presentations, as well as product performance inquiries, channel management, product modifications, pricing exception requests) that result in sales growth within the various industries in the territory
- Develops and maintains sales opportunities pipeline sufficient to capture annual top line growth target. Generates accurate and robust sales funnel for monthly review.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive territory strategic plan to capture market share at strategically positioned end-user accounts.
- Maintains a high level of visibility at designated strategic accounts to build strong, value-based relationships with key decision makers.
- Creates detailed action plans at an account level to determine best approach based on competitive positions, prioritized buying influences, key differentiators, etc.
- Utilizes Customer Relationship Management software (Salesforce.com) as the primary tool to manage day-to-day sales activities (including, but not limited to pre-call plans, detailed contact management, quotations, communication/email tracking, project stage management, etc.)
- Monitor the distributor’s sales pipeline and work with the Manufacturers reps and distributors to close the gap if the pipeline does not meet the plan pipeline dollars
- Develop plans and initiatives to grow the sales of products through the exclusive manufacturer’s reps and distribution. Take responsibility to roll these plans out to the reps and distributors. Monitor their efficacy and make changes as necessary to get the maximum benefit for
- Be responsible for administering manufacturers Reps and distributor policies and best practices.
- Be responsible for developing the content for the half yearly business reviews with the manufacturer’s reps and distributors. Carry out these reviews and that ensure growth and corrective action plans are carried out and implemented
- Make recommendations for hiring and firing of distributors based on sound judgment and performance data. Add new distribution to cover markets and geographies not already covered. Be responsible for ensuring that all the distributors are receiving a steady stream of sales leads and that they are being contacted, followed up and feedback given to the sales team in Spartanburg.
- Be responsible for the manufacturer’s reps and distributor sales goal in the assigned territory. Work with the territory distributor sales teams to develop strategies and tactics to grow sales.
- Consistently travel with the manufacturer’s reps and distributor sales people to visit new and existing customers. Roll up your sleeves and lead from the front to build product line champions at the distributors and manufacturers reps.
- Understand the products, applications and competition to ensure that the highest quality of consultative salesmanship is exerted at each customer visit.
- Provide the territory manufacturers reps and distributors with on-site training
QUALIFICATION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering or a related technical field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience selling technical products directly as well as through reps and distributors.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the process instrumentation, factory automation, bulk handling or material conveying industry.
- Sales experience in flow measurement products is a distinct advantage
- SaaS and IOT experience selling reoccurring revenue products
- "Strategic-mindset" with the ability to develop and execute a business plan to increase market share at strategic accounts that have substantial influence on specification decisions within targeted vertical markets.
- Highly polished, excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and articulate company's value proposition to high-level decision makers.
- Proven ability to drive sales growth and deliver results through process-oriented data-driven continuous improvement tools and methods (sales funnel process, CRM utilization, value selling, etc.)
- Proven leadership skills that consistently champion and support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers.
- Must be willing to travel in the USA and Canada up to 70% of the time with overnight travel.