Industry: Biotechnology/Life Science
Location: NW States
A sales manager plays a vital role in the execution of the company’s strategic plans to continue global growth in the Food & Feed Safety Markets. The position will be responsible for developing new business to meet sales growth objectives. The focus of this position is to research new sales opportunities and provide customer solutions to the territory assigned. This will require integrating and partnering with all processes including R&D, Product Management, Operations and Sales. This sales position reports to the North American Sales Director.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by participating in the development of the team through motivation, counseling, skills development and product knowledge
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can
- Responsible for developing your business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence throughout the United States’ specific
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program
- Ensure that all of your sales activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Romer Labs, Code of Conduct.
- Participate in ongoing training in product knowledge to possess sufficient technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with product lines or other product support
- Experience with Chromatography, a plus
- Computer literate
- Flexibility when priorities change
- Capability to effectively communicate with Customers, R&D, Sales and Marketing regarding technical product and marketing issues
- Ability to Meet Sales Goals
- Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Sales Planning, Building Relationships