Human Resource Business Partner
Industry: Food & Beverages
Alignment of business objectives and talent in designated regions and functions is the primary responsibility of the HR Business Partner. The HR Business Partner serves as a consultant and advisor to leaders in designated functions and regions within the business on talent and organizational issues, and acts as a change agent and champion of organizational development. This role is responsible for assessment and anticipation of talent related needs, as well as communicating needs proactively within the business unit and corporate HR functions. The HR Business Partner is tasked with formulating partnerships across the HR function that deliver value-added service and support on talent and organizational matters to leaders that reflect the business objectives and long term strategies within the organization. The HR Business Partner maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business and designated units’ financial position, short and long term plans and strategies, culture, and competition globally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- For designated functions and regional businesses, partners with leaders to facilitate and deploy talent strategy Advises leaders through the Organizational Strategy Review (OSR) process and related talent review sub-processes. Implements talent plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business objectives.
- Serve as a consultant to all levels of management on talent/HR related Assess and anticipate organizational talent and HR-related needs; communicate proactively to seek and develop solutions that meet employee and business objectives.
- Facilitates talent acquisition for designated functions, in partnership with external providers and resources; provide guidance and input on organizational structure and workforce Proactively develop sourcing strategies and programs to attract talent that continually grow the bench; ensure company's position as an employer of choice. Leverage best practice tools and strategies for assessment to ensure candidate selection aligns with position and organizational talent needs.
- Lead talent development and performance management for workforce within designated Facilitate individual development planning and career growth for employees. Lead performance management efforts to ensure well aligned goal setting, ongoing performance feedback, and calibrated and high quality performance reviews occur throughout the organization.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention through effective Champion change efforts and provide coaching and guidance to leaders on change management.
- Provide HR policy guidance and
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations as needed. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees in the countries where company has business operations.
- Participate in kaizen directly (at least one full event annually, and in all close-out meetings) and indirectly by encouraging team members to participate outside area of
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business, Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or equivalent; plus seven (7) or more years related experience in organizational development, learning and development, talent/leadership development, HR consulting, or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated capabilities in people development, coaching, goal setting, and
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining controlled and
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and engage
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment and mobilize cross-functional high performance
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership and
- Exceptional team building skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable
- Ability to effectively build relationships and work across functions and
- Experience in a collaborative team environment, delegating workload and
- Ability to lead and manage large-scale
- Ability to read and analyze corporate finance and financial documents; understands business
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to seek new continuous improvement opportunities and serve as change agent
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and the ability to thrive in a highly complex
- Ability to travel domestic and international, up to 20%.
Core Company Skill Sets:
Communication - Anticipates information that is needed and meets the need with highly credible and insightful material; delivery is clear and concise. Expresses ideas enthusiastically and is an active listener. Successful candidate is an individual who is a visionary, adjusts communication style to stimulate feedback and prepares/delivers high impact presentations.
Job Expertise - Extremely well-qualified; able to apply knowledge to champion individual projects to successful completion. Recognized by the industry and highly respected by peers as an expert in the field; often sought after for mentoring role inside the company or as an outside speaker. Well-rounded in other business areas, the successful candidate is an individual who is very current in field of expertise, leading developments and transferring skills and knowledge.
Planning & Execution - Always establishes SMART goals, anticipates the unforeseen and develops viable contingency plans; conducts outstanding meetings that result in powerful decisions and actions; tenaciously follows through on commitments. The successful candidate leaves no stone unturned in achieving goals and often over-delivers against expectations; demonstrates a consistently high level of commitment and energy that inspires and motivates the rest of the organization.
Customer Focus & Competitive Advantage - Understands customer needs exceptionally well, identifying/implementing solutions that meet or exceed those needs; engaged with customer visits and research. Conducts regular competitive activity updates; anticipates competitive moves in the market, making recommendations on appropriate responses. Leads the development of proprietary products, processes, and technology, yielding sustainable new advantages relative to competition. The successful candidate is an individual who champions new ideas, drives execution, and works with other departments to impact change; creates a flexible environment for continuous improvement to achieve long-term success for the whole company.
Teamwork - Extremely reliable individual that always works toward team goals, actively participates in meetings and projects, volunteers for tasks, has information ready, often prior to the request. Willing to take a lead role in moving the project forward or to serve as a support member as required to meet the needs of the group and organization. Listens and communicates exceptionally well, effectively plans and follows up. Helps the team reach decisions and takes responsibility for own actions. The successful candidate constantly drives the organization towards the best results, supporting and stimulating colleagues, leading the team by example without placing themselves above the team.