Market Development Segment Leader
The Market Segment Leader is responsible for owning and championing their assigned product lines from the concept stage, to the commercial go to market strategy including tactical execution and yearly budgeted revenue. This includes Revenue and P&L Management for assigned portfolio. The principle responsibilities for this position include determining customer needs; recommending the nature and scope of present and future products within the product line(s); assessing market competition; providing source data for product line communications; developing promotional plans and materials; gathering and assessing product market data; providing information for management; developing and implementing product support and training materials; serving as a key contributor to NPD in bringing new products to market; developing packaging and labeling; developing and implementing marketing plans, new product launch plans, managing the launch and marketing programs throughout each product’s life cycle, and managing expense budgets.
- Managing yearly revenue and P&L goals for assigned product
- Leading the yearly revenue budgeting process for assigned product portfolio and owning the associated
- Building tactical marketing programs to align with budgeted sales This to include real time monitoring of program effectiveness and communicating with all stakeholders during S&OP and the Revenue A3 process.
- To be the internal and external customer champion for assigned product This to include supporting field sales in revenue generating activities and other internal customers as the product expert.
- Evaluate and build product and market intelligence using various sources such as external customers, field sales, exhibitions and conferences, and through other forms of market due Use product and market intelligence to build value propositions on assigned product lines.
- Design effective internal customer and external customer training programs related to technical product knowledge, understanding value propositions, market and competitive
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future assigned product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; gathering and analyzing data on new product opportunities, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes, preparing return on-investment analyses; initiating NPD process and serving as marketing point
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establishing new product launch time schedules with R&D and
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication
- Be the internal product champion by providing information to management by preparing short-term and long- term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting recommendations for inventory levels and working with manufacturing to optimize production
- Prepares product pricing recommendations by generating and utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; maximizing customer value and company
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to developing a comprehensive strategic marketing plan by developing and implementing a marketing plan for product
- Work in a matrix environment to facilitate
- Follow established safe work practices and working in a safe manner, following safety policies and procedures, and for reporting any unsafe or hazardous condition to their supervisor or the Environmental, Health, and Safety department for corrective action Reports To: President
- Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and
- New product opportunity identification and market
- Market strategy development, market penetration and product launch
- Field test proto-type
- In-field customer training and
- Field guide development, including trouble shooting and customer training
- Professional presence and ability to develop rapport and professional relationships with customers and
- Experience in the field of market development, customer business development, and project
- Must be self-motivated; must have high work ethic in an independent role; work well as a team
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Excellent working knowledge of the
- Have demonstrated ability to coordinate a vigorous level of activity under a variety of conditions and
- Must be well organized and have intermediate or better computer skills with Microsoft office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as e-mail, and internet
- Display and maintain a positive attitude at all times, and have a positive influence on fellow team
- Strong background and experience in product marketing and new product launches are
- The position requires a self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and work to a schedule on multiple simultaneous projects and
- The applicant must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers while working in a matrixed
- Good concentration and attention to detail, high standards for quality and consistency are
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; MBA is
- Minimum five years of product development and marketing experience preferably in the agronomic field or a related area of testing diagnostics.
- Must be able to work within an office and field environment with overnight travel ~ 10% of time Must be able to utilize a computer for an extended period of time Must be able to travel for business