Senior Internal IT Auditor
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Internal IT Auditor assists in planning and execution of high-quality information technology and compliance audits and reviews. In addition, the role will be responsible for implementing data analytics within the Internal Audit department for both financial and IT audits.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete assigned portions of engagements, including testing, work paper documentation and report drafting while on site or shortly after completion of field work and submit to lead Internal IT Audit Manager or IT Audit Director on a timely basis.
- Acquire a good understanding of the audit location’s business and industry.
- Develop analytics to support both financial and IT audit testing through utilizing existing company data warehouse and tools.
- Assist in the training and development of audit staff to ensure the analytics are embedded into the audit methodology.
- Develop positive working relationships with audit location information technology teams.
- Be a point of contact for information technology questions or concerns coming from the locations.
- Lend special skill sets or experience to engagements where needed, e.g., language ability, information technology control and compliance, as well as process or forensic audit skills, etc.
- Assist as required with miscellaneous reporting needed for senior management or Audit Committee presentations.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% on a domestic and international basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration is required.
- 4+ years of IT audit experience either with a “Big 4” or second tier (BDO, Grant Thornton, McGladrey & Pullen) audit firm and/or internal audit experience with a “Fortune 500” company is required.
- US CISA, CISSP, CIA or non-US equivalent is required.
- Experience with manufacturing companies is preferred.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal controls assessments is preferred.
- Experience with using complex data to drive improved decision making and reliance on an audit setting.
- First-hand experience with anti-corruption and forensic audits is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to influence peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Ability to prioritize on a real time basis.
- Possess high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.