Industry: Biotechnology/Life Science
The prime objective of the Sales Manager is to develop the Midwest territory. A strong existing network to the target customer groups will be essential. The Sales Manager will support customers directly, but we leave the flexibility to add manufacturer reps for remote areas. The Sales Manager reports directly to the Sales Director, who is a member of the leadership team. The organization will support the Sales Manager in terms of service, logistics and back-office resources.
- Full responsibility for the business development in the Midwest territory
- Drive the sales process from initial lead nurturing to closing the sales opportunity
- Research of new market opportunities together with the Sales Director
- Develop the right marketing plans for the Midwest region together with the Sales Director
- Participation in trade shows and events in order to maximize the company presence in the
- Management of a customer portfolio to guarantee high customer satisfaction, business continuity and brand
- Collaboration with the headquarter and the other colleagues of the US affiliate for the optimization of the dail
Required Experience and Education:
- Prior experience in Sales or Business Development with companies working in related markets such as food, feed, water treatment, chemicals and
- Strong market and product knowledge with respect to analytical instrumentation
- Has a well-established industry network to key customers and opinion leaders
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or closely related scientific degrees is a
- The candidate is required to have a sales-targets orientation, developed self-discipline, effectiveness and efficiency in managing divers’
- Willingness to travel extensively to establish/maintain a presence with customers, enhance relationship opportunities, and lead promotional efforts.
- Good problem-solving and trouble-shooting
- Driven personality with a positive attitude both towards customers and
- Resident of the Midwest
Joining the company in this early stage allows the successful candidate to become a key contributor and member of the team and career opportunities will emerge as the company grows in the US.