Industry: Food & Beverages
Plans, organizes, and conducts food science research for use in own work or in Research & Development projects by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates ideas and suggestions in support of new innovation within the Research & Development Department, as well as design and implementation of projects, reporting of results, and participation in a team-based and lead individual product development model.
- Participates in team decision regarding research priorities R&D department and provides information on feasibility of prospective projects.
- Support new technology and innovation by delivering new product concept and technologies consistently every year.
- Design experiments to create formulas and recipes for testing and analyze results. Experience with State Ease and DOE Pro is a plus.
- Develops research plan, designs experiments, outlines research procedures to be followed, and identifies and/or provides training to Research Associates and other support personnel to carry out research.
- Conducts research, utilizing laboratory, archives, and collections, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
- Plans schedule according to variety of methods to be used, availability and quantity of resources, and number of personnel assigned to participate in project.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
- Analyze data using excel and share findings with management and people within the R&D team
- Work with scientist on the product development team to transfer product concepts and technologies targeted towards customers
- Prepares reports of completed projects for use in further applied or theoretical research activities.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of BS / MS degree in food science, meat science, flavor science or food engineering
- Additional education in chemistry, biology, biochemistry a plus.
- Possesses at least of 5 years of experience in new product development in food industry.
- Demonstrable experience with product development, product concepts or new technology development.