Industry: Food & Beverages
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates ideas and suggestions in support of new product development within the Research & Development Department, as well as design and implementation of research projects, reporting of research results, and participation in a team-based product development model.
- Support product development pipeline by delivering new liquid and dry product concept and technologies consistently every year.
- Responsible for initiating concept and development of new products and line extensions with a focus on thermally processed products using retort applications for different types of packaging.
- Participates in team decision making regarding research priorities R&D department, and provides information on feasibility of prospective projects.
- Design experiments using protocols such as DOE Stat Pro, Stat Ease to create formulas and recipes for testing
- Develops research plan, designs experiments, outlines research procedures to be followed, and identifies and/or provides training to Research Associates and other support personnel to carry out research.
- Conducts research, utilizing laboratory, archives, and collections, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
- Plans schedule according to variety of methods to be used, availability and quantity of resources, and number of personnel assigned to execute projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert on the product line and provide support to supply chain with potential solutions to issues experienced during production scale up of formulations
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
- Analyze data using excel and share findings with management and people within the R&D team
- Work with scientists on the customer engagement team to provide solutions targeted towards customers
- Prepares reports of completed projects for use in further applied or theoretical research activities.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum BS / MS degree in food science / technology, food engineering. Knowledge of flavor science or flavor chemistry is a plus.
- Additional education or experience in thermal processing a plus.
- Possesses at least of 5 years of experience in new product development in food industry.
- Demonstrable experience with product development, product concepts or new technology development.