Business Unit Manager
Director - of Business Segment is responsible for developing and executing strategies that result in transformational segment growth and profitability through development of a high performing team and culture, commercial and technical innovation, and implementation of world-class processes and procedures. Results will include increased global market share and revenue, and margin growth for company. The Director will understand, anticipate and meet the demands of our global customer base by leveraging our manufacturing capability and material applications experience.
- Creates and executes the go-to-market, channel and sales strategies for product lines for which they have Analyzes and recommends new or modified channels. Develops and drives plans to grow sales in key markets, customers, and geographies.
- Provides insight to Executive Leadership Team regarding market trends and Collaborates with senior leaders and contributes to development of strategies for the entire company.
- Leads sales and product management team members throughout management of the product life cycle from development of requirements, to product, launch, sustaining and phase Directs team resource allocation and develops and implements product plans which coordinate all elements of product profitability, including breadth of product offerings, pricing strategy, inventories, etc., with goal of increasing contribution margin. Aligns sales team regarding product plans.
- Collaborates and communicates with R & D, Operations, HR, Finance, and Marketing to develop products, pricing, marketing, sales tools and life cycle plans to successfully drive business growth and increase market
- Coordinates with R & D to develop new products, product enhancements, and product Collaborates with R&D as well as Operations to develop realistic product specifications that will satisfy customer and market demands.
- Oversees the development of sales and marketing strategies for new product Ensures the development of product launch plans to drive rapid sales ramp to target customers. Ensures the development and execution of product launch schedules and take ownership of sales and marketing plan. Ensures maximum return on new product development investment by prioritizing product development projects based on potential growth and resource intensity.
- Establishes sales goals and directs activities of the sales Forecasts sales volume requirements. Actively participates in developing a production plan to meet the forecast and manage inventory.
- Oversees conducting of studies that provide insightful voice of the customer analysis to identify customer satisfaction, needs and perceived and unknown customer Understands and articulates product and customer requirements by analyzing customer applications, market size and projected market growth. Supports product placement by describing key features of the applications and points of differentiation.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) such as revenue plan, contact rate, quote closure rate and gross profit percentage. Achieves business objectives.
- Understands industry trends and technology Develops a deep understanding of target markets and the competitive landscape. Monitor competitors and their marketing activities. Anticipates and reacts quickly to trends and changes in performance.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop and implement integrated content, promotion and creative campaigns to drive growth and maximize customer Collaborates with Marketing & Communications to develop online and offline marketing campaigns with sound measurement to build brand equity and develop sales opportunities.
- Maintain close and regular contact with customers, and In collaboration with account reps, develops key account plans. Support efforts for lead generation and qualification.
- Effective at hiring, developing, and coaching direct Effectively addresses performance issues in a timely manner.
- Implements and utilizes best in class standardized processes for driving results.
- Creates a positive, supportive, results-oriented culture
- BS or MS in Engineering (preferred) / Business (MBA a plus).
- At least 12 to 15 years commercial experience, sales and product management desired, with extensive customer
- Demonstrated ability to lead direct and multifunctional matrix
- Experience in manufacturing
- Proven track record of setting aggressive targets and meeting business goals through team interaction and
- Good working knowledge of applied
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrated success in delivering market share, sales growth and profitability
- Expertise in planning, prioritizing, cross functional and global projects
- Proficient computer skills