Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Manager
The Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Manager will be expected to align and synchronize demand planning with supply chain optimization and shipment planning, with the goal of enhancing the customer experience. This position will be responsible for managing our SIOP activities and our focus factory production planners. This position will operate with the ability to influence cross functionally and drive SIOP vertically and laterally across the organization. Responsible for developing and leading on-going S&OP meetings addressing the forecast accuracy relative to sales vs. plan and material / capacity utilization to support the end to end supply chain. As a core management team member responsible for achieving objectives at the highest level, a strong commitment in time and energy are required of this position.
- Working with senior management, sales, manufacturing, supply chain and marketing to establish monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts to annual plan.
- Lead the implementation of processes, tools with functional team members to drive accuracy, efficiency, and accountability in the S&OP process. And to drive root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve customer satisfaction, supply chain alignment, business revenue, financial objectives, etc.
- Management & development of the Production Planning team for Finished Goods, subassy and PCBA products.
- Identify gaps between current plans and financial commitments, derive possible gap closing initiatives and highlight the risks and opportunities
- Formulate and maintain planning BOM’s, safety stock, Kanbans, etc. as needed to improve material availability in support of a high mix / low volume manufacturing environment.
- make recommendations to ensure that production, inventory and customer service objectives are being met while identifying any production and/or material constraints & risks
- Responsible for delivering key performance metrics (KPIs) by working closely with your planning team and manufacturing / supply chain groups to meet business unit objectives for improved OTD, delivery lead times, material availability, improved operational costs, reduced inventories, etc.
- Responsible for drafting and communicating revenue forecast, including high level considerations regarding purchased component lead times and manufacturing capacity
- Manage end-of-life activities related to inventory management with sales, marketing and engineering
- Management of finished goods and Work in Progress inventory to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- High level inventory analysis and lead cross functional team to manage excess and obsolete material
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management /Supply Chain Management or similar field of study
- APICS, CPSM, CSCMP or CPM certification(s) a plus
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in supply chain management in a high mix / low volume ERP managed manufacturing environment for complex electro-mechanical products
- Hands on experience in managing / driving SIOP activities with cross a functional teams and appropriate reporting KPIs / metrics, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge of ERP-II systems for Master Scheduling and demand management / forecasting principles
- Experience in driving Lean manufacturing improvements throughout the organization as a kaizen leader or active team member.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively
- Detail-oriented, well organized, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- A strong Work ethic for continuity with senior management is required.