Director of Sales
Industry: Medical Device
This role will develop the commercial strategy, manage the go-to-market and channel strategy, and lead the outside and inside sales team. The Director of Sales is responsible for achieving the company’s sales targets and to grow the business throughout the region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the quarterly- and annual sales quota by the maintenance and development of sales through a direct sales team, designated manufacturer’s representatives and distributors.
- Developing the go-to-market strategy within the region and implementing the channel partnering strategy for direct team, designated representatives and distributors.
- Management of a cross functional sales and inside sales/order management team of more than 20 people across Americas.
- Preparation of the annual business plan and management of assigned budgets.
- Managing the business based on action planning, key performance indicators and operations reviews.
- Implementation of value selling principles, funnel management and other FBS tools.
- Visiting end-user customers within the region to gain an understanding of customers/markets and developing a market model map and size of the business opportunities.
- Coaching of direct team, key account, distribution/representative managers, monitoring the sales funnel, and accompanying sales managers in key OEM partner/distributors/client meetings.
- Planning and execution of effective sales- and marketing programs with the representatives and distributors to maximize awareness and funnel development.
- Proven track record of taking market share with direct, representative/distributor-based business.
- University degree with minimum of 7+ years of sales management experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience in test and measurement or medical devices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage representative/distributor partners and direct sales teams.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) presentation and organizational skills.
- International cultural awareness and management style working with partners in South America.