Director Corporate Business Development
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and confident corporate development leader.
The ideal candidate will have direct M&A experience, will be an alumnus of a top-tier graduate business program, and will be intent on leveraging and developing skills and experiences essential to a career in corporate development or general management. While the day-to-day focus will be on corporate development activities, there will also be extensive exposure to and involvement in business unit strategy development, operational planning, kaizens, and other core business management activities.
The Corporate Development Leader is the process owner and leader of a well-developed acquisition funnel with targets ranging from $20M to $300M in revenue. The role will serve as the thought leader, advancing process proficiency and sophistication.
• Partner with CEO, corporate executive team and senior management teams across all businesses to identify and prioritize avenues for inorganic growth
• Lead relationship development activities with acquisition targets. Manage acquisition funnel.
• End-to-end leadership and project management of all aspects of M&A activity; including target contact/meetings, due diligence coordination, valuation and acquisition modeling, and transaction execution
• Communicate recommendations on strategic acquisitions to senior management, executives, and Board of Directors
• Support integration of acquired targets
• Undergraduate degree; MBA required
• Direct professional experience with M&A projects (corporate development/management consulting)
• Commitment to a long-term corporate development or general management career
• Extensive knowledge of finance and accounting, acquisition modeling, deal negotiation, and M&A execution
• Ability to confidently handle projects with multiple work streams and functional business areas
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build credibility with multiple business units and lead large, multifunctional teams through quick, complex projects
• Experience in post-acquisition integration strongly preferred
• Prior industry experience in our growth areas (aerospace, defense, molecular diagnostics, and/or pet food)