The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the laboratory to ensure that all testing is accurate and compliant. The laboratory performs testing for the agriculture sector and will be responsible for all testing, analyses, reporting, and related activities in accordance with ISO 17025 requirements, and regulatory or compliance bodies as needed.
- Responsible for the organization's laboratory operations and performance:
- Oversee daily operations and provide direction and assistance to employees and key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators and tracking of testing activities, results and processes.
- Ensure that testing methods developed and used provide the quality of results to meet accuracy standards required for regulations and certification.
- Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies and procedures by all technical and operational staff to generate accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure ongoing conformance to ISO 17025 standard
- Ensure testing traceability for all laboratory activities.
- Establish and maintain quality control and quality assurance programs, including trend analysis of key performance indicators to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Oversee robust corrective action and non-conformance quality processes with appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that reports of test results include pertinent information required for interpretation.
- Partner with commercial team
- Monitor utilization patterns of lab services and advise Leadership and other appropriate staff or key stakeholders of developing trends in laboratory service needs.
- Advise and administer contracts into which the lab may enter.
- Ensure that consultation is available to the laboratory’s clients on matters relating to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
- Ensure that testing methods requested/proposed will meet quality and accuracy standards.
- Prioritize activities and use action plans, SDP Targets to Improve (TTIs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage self and team. This includes cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Development self and team through EBOS tools, by fostering coaching, training, and professional development
- Foster a unified culture and promotes a process for collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and mutual teamwork.
- Oversee the development of the organization's plans and programs in evaluation of long-range planning and regulatory action on operational performance.
- Lead and direct the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Manage overall financial budgeting for the functional area
- Follows established safe work practices and working in a safe manner, following EnviroLogix safety policies and procedures, and for reporting any unsafe or hazardous condition
- ISO 17025 laboratory experience preferred.
- Prior experience in GMO testing environment preferred.
- Process-oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with remote teams.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to independently solve problems and make decisions.
- Analytical judgment, and critical eye for accuracy and detail
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs.